Colorado Spring Military Law Attorney
Put Years of Experience in Your Corner
At Aviso Law, we understand the unique challenges involved with military law, and our experienced military attorneys are experts in the area. It takes a skilled lawyer with military experience to truly understand and navigate the complexities of military law. At Aviso Law our military lawyers serve the Colorado Springs, Denver and Douglas County areas and have the experience, skill and client-focused approach needed to ensure the best possible outcome for you and your military law matters.
Aviso attorneys Ryan Coward and Cory Tuck both have first-hand experience as military prosecutors and thoroughly understand the ins and outs of the military legal system. With over 15 years of military law experience, Mr. Coward, before founding Aviso Law, served nearly six years as an active duty Judge Advocate in the Army and continues to serve as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army Reserves JAG Corps.
Mr. Tuck began his career in law as an Army Judge Advocate and served five years on active duty in this position. He remains a Trial Defense Services officer in the Army Reserves JAG Corps. Both attorneys worked on many high-profile cases during their time as military prosecutors and have the skill and know-how to lead their military clients through the most difficult cases.
How Can a Military Law Attorney Help You
A military law attorney, also known as a military lawyer or judge advocate, specializes in legal matters related to the military. These attorneys provide legal representation and advice to military personnel in a variety of areas. Here are ways in which a military law attorney can help individuals:
- Criminal Defense: Military law attorneys represent service members facing criminal charges under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). This can include offenses such as desertion, insubordination, drug offenses, and more. They provide legal counsel, build a defense strategy, and represent the accused during court-martial proceedings.
- Administrative Actions: Military lawyers assist service members facing administrative actions, including administrative separations, non-judicial punishment (Article 15 proceedings), and adverse administrative actions that could affect a military career.
- Court-Martial Proceedings: In cases where a service member is facing a court-martial, a military law attorney provides legal representation during the trial. This includes presenting evidence, cross-examining witnesses, and arguing legal points on behalf of the accused.
- Military Appeals: If a service member is dissatisfied with the outcome of a court-martial or other military proceedings, a military attorney can assist in filing appeals within the military justice system.
- Advice on Military Regulations: Military law attorneys are well-versed in military regulations and can provide advice on issues related to conduct, performance, and adherence to military rules and regulations.
- Representation in Administrative Hearings: Military law attorneys can represent service members in administrative hearings related to matters like security clearance revocations, medical evaluations, and other administrative proceedings that may impact a military career.
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution: In situations where disputes arise within the military, military law attorneys can assist in mediation and resolution to avoid escalation and legal action.
If you are a member of the military or a veteran and need legal assistance, it's important to consult with a military law attorney who has expertise in the specific legal issues relevant to the armed forces. These attorneys understand the unique challenges and regulations that military personnel face and can provide tailored legal advice and representation.
Every attorney will tell you they put their clients first. That is true for Aviso Law but it’s how we go about it that sets up apart. We understand the difference between being prepared and aggressive in courtrooms, while being understanding and pragmatic in client meetings. We believe in being realistic as well as easy to work with through all the phases of your case, both in and out of court; this saves you money and time while still receiving the service you deserve with the goal of achieving desired results.
To us, success isn’t measured by the years we’ve spent behind a desk but by the careers we’ve built, the contacts we’ve made, and the thousands of clients we’ve served to protect jobs, families, education, and reputations. We developed our careers in Colorado’s military and civil courts, successfully defending clients from all walks of life. We come highly rated by our clients and have received professional recognition for our work.
Breaking the Mold
We’re not your typical law firm. We don’t wear fancy suits (unless we have to in court) and we don’t hide behind big imposing desks. Reflective on our military roots, we strive to serve. We understand the legal process can be threatening and worrisome, which is why we work with our clients to get results. We aim to be respectful, diligent, and cost-effective while practicing the highest standards of legal representation.