Colorado Springs Military Sex Crimes Lawyer
Experienced Defense Against Military Sex Crime Charges
Our dedicated legal team at Aviso Law is committed to providing top-notch legal representation for individuals facing military sex crime charges in Colorado Springs and beyond. With a deep understanding of the complexities surrounding these cases, we are here to offer guidance, support, and an unwavering defense. Military sex crime allegations can have severe consequences on your life, career, and reputation, making it crucial to have a skilled attorney to protect your rights.
Call Aviso Law today at (719) 356-5552 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our military divorce attorney in Colorado Springs!
Common Types of Military Sex Crimes
Military sex crimes encompass a range of offenses that involve unwanted sexual behavior within the armed forces. Our experienced attorneys have handled cases involving various types of military sex crimes, including:
- Sexual Assault: This crime involves engaging in non-consensual sexual activity, often involving force or coercion. It can occur between service members and civilians, resulting in serious legal consequences.
- Rape: Similar to sexual assault, rape involves engaging in sexual activity without the victim's consent, often through force, threats, or intimidation.
- Sexual Harassment: Military regulations strictly prohibit sexual harassment within the armed forces. This offense includes unwelcome advances, comments, or behaviors of a sexual nature that create a hostile environment.
- Indecent Exposure: Indecent exposure involves intentionally exposing one's private parts in a public or semi-public setting, causing discomfort or distress to others. This offense can have significant repercussions within the military justice system.
- Aggravated Sexual Contact: This crime entails engaging in sexual contact with another person by force, threat, or while the victim is unconscious or incapable of giving consent.
What are the Penalties for Sex Crimes in the Military?
The penalties for military sex crimes can be severe and life-altering. Depending on the severity of the offense and the outcome of the legal proceedings, potential consequences include:
- Imprisonment: Conviction for a military sex crime can lead to substantial periods of confinement in a military prison, ranging from years to life, depending on the offense.
- Discharge: A conviction can result in a dishonorable discharge, which can negatively impact a service member's military and civilian life.
- Rank Reduction: A service member found guilty of a sex crime may face a demotion in rank, affecting their career progression and benefits.
- Sex Offender Registration: Depending on the nature of the offense and the jurisdiction, a conviction for certain military sex crimes may require registration as a sex offender.
- Loss of Benefits: Convicted individuals may lose access to various military benefits, including pensions, healthcare, and educational opportunities.
Defenses Against Military Sex Crime Charges
At Aviso Law, we understand that every case is unique, and we approach each one with a tailored defense strategy. Some potential defenses against military sex crime charges include:
- Consent: In some cases, it may be possible to demonstrate that the sexual activity was consensual, which can undermine the prosecution's case.
- Lack of Evidence: Insufficient or unreliable evidence can weaken the prosecution's ability to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.
- False Accusations: Unfortunately, false accusations can and do occur. Our legal team will meticulously investigate the allegations' circumstances to uncover any inconsistencies or motives for false reporting.
- Violation of Rights: If your rights were violated during the investigation or legal proceedings, such as a failure to read you your Miranda rights, it could impact the admissibility of evidence.
Contact Our Colorado Springs Military Sex Crimes Attorney Today
In the face of military sex crime charges, you need a legal team that is experienced, compassionate, and dedicated to protecting your rights. At Aviso Law, we are committed to standing by your side throughout the legal process, working tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for your case. Our success and deep understanding of military law make us a premier choice for those facing military sex crime allegations in Colorado Springs and beyond.
Contact Aviso Law today to schedule a consultation with our military sex crimes lawyer in Colorado Springs!
Every attorney will tell you they put their clients first. That is true for Aviso Law but it’s how we go about it that sets up apart. We understand the difference between being prepared and aggressive in courtrooms, while being understanding and pragmatic in client meetings. We believe in being realistic as well as easy to work with through all the phases of your case, both in and out of court; this saves you money and time while still receiving the service you deserve with the goal of achieving desired results.
To us, success isn’t measured by the years we’ve spent behind a desk but by the careers we’ve built, the contacts we’ve made, and the thousands of clients we’ve served to protect jobs, families, education, and reputations. We developed our careers in Colorado’s military and civil courts, successfully defending clients from all walks of life. We come highly rated by our clients and have received professional recognition for our work.
Breaking the Mold
We’re not your typical law firm. We don’t wear fancy suits (unless we have to in court) and we don’t hide behind big imposing desks. Reflective on our military roots, we strive to serve. We understand the legal process can be threatening and worrisome, which is why we work with our clients to get results. We aim to be respectful, diligent, and cost-effective while practicing the highest standards of legal representation.